During NYTimes' Maker week, I proposed, led and launched a new interactive game called Skyscraper. Skyscraper is a reimagining of a sudoku-type puzzle turned into 3D.

Project Team
✦ Arthur Kim, Urvashi Uberoy, Alicia Wang, Yuchen Jin, and Tiago Pádua

What I did
✦ Designer / Product Manager

✦ 2 weeks

The Game

Imagine you're on the outskirts of New York City looking inwards. The numbers on the inside of the grid represent the height of the buildings while the numbers outside of the grid indicate how many buildings are visible from that spot. The objective of the game is for the player to complete the New York City cityscape.

The Skyscraper puzzle was first introduced in the 1992 World Puzzle Championship made by Japanese puzzle makers. The game is complicated to grasp because the puzzle is drawn in 2D but solved in 3D. Our team wanted to reimagine the puzzle to become more accessible and interactable.


After a grueling hack week we presented the web project to some stakeholders and we were able to build a mobile friendly version for beta testing.

I learned so much not only as a designer, but also as a communicator. As someone who initiated the project, I also took on the role of managing and supporting the developers on the team.